In Canberra today, Independent Higher Education Australia (IHEA) representatives met with Hon Jason Clare MP, Minister for Education.
At this meeting, issues relevant to Australia’s higher education sector were discussed. This followed a previous meetings with Minister Clare this year and in 2022.
IHEA members are high-quality independent providers committed to the best educational opportunities for students and best practice. Hence, we continue to highlight the growing capability and role of independent higher education providers in advancing higher education in Australia.
IHEA representatives in attendance (left to right) with Minister Clare were:
- Dr David Perry - Vice President Academic at Alphacrucis University College and Chair of IHEA's Board of Directors.
- Professor Peter Sherlock - Vice-Chancellor at the University of Divinity and IHEA Board Member.
- Dr Ben O'Hara - Managing Director at Collarts (Australian College of the Arts) and IHEA Board Member.
- Eve Ollerenshaw - Pro Vice Chancellor and Executive General Manager Group Quality, Accreditation and Compliance at NextEd Group / Academy of Interactive Technology - AIT and IHEA Board Member.
- Ken Richardson - Vice President Operations at Bond University and IHEA Board Member.
- Simon Finn - Head of Strategic Engagement and Government Relations at Navitas.
- Dr Peter Hendy - IHEA Chief Executive Officer.
- Dr James Hart - IHEA Policy and Research Manager.
We thank Minister Clare for once again generously sharing his time and attention with IHEA.
Our IHEP News keeps you up to date with the latest higher education information, policies, comments and IHEA submissions.