Independent Higher Education Australia (IHEA) has today welcomed Professor Kerri-Lee Krause, Provost and Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor of Avondale University College to the IHEA Board at the peak body’s 2021 AGM.
“We are thrilled and privileged to welcome Professor Kerri-Lee Krause to the IHEA Board,” said IHEA CEO, Simon Finn. “With an exemplary record of experience in higher education, research and practice, Professor Krause will add significant strength to the Board, with her forward-thinking and innovative mindset.”
The AGM saw the re-election of all incumbent members, except for Professor Kevin Petrie from Avondale University College who chose not to renominate. Incumbent Chair, Mr Alan Finch (former Deputy Vice Chancellor, Students and Support Services, Bond University) and Deputy Chair, Ms Gabriela Rodriguez (Deputy Managing Director and Group COO, Academies Australasia Group) were uncontested in their re-election.
“IHEA extends its deepest gratitude to Professor Kevin Petrie for his invaluable contributions to the IHEA Board. Professor Petrie’s astute guidance was particularly notable during 2020 as the IHEA Board led the membership base through the challenges of COVID-19.”
“I would also like to express our ongoing gratitude to all Board Members re-elected today, including Chair, Mr Alan Finch and Deputy Chair, Ms Gabriela Rodriguez. The strength and resilience of IHEA leaders during this extremely difficult time for the sector has been inspiring. The unity and experience demonstrated across the Board has paved the way for IHEA Members to come together and effectively navigate many COVID-induced challenges and transitions.”
2021 IHEA Board
- Mr Alan Finch – Former Deputy Vice Chancellor (Students and Support Services), Bond University (CHAIR)
- Ms Gabriela Rodriguez – Deputy Managing Director and Group COO, Academies Australasia Group (DEPUTY CHAIR)
- Prof James Adonopoulos – Academic Dean, Kaplan Business School (DIRECTOR)
- Mr Joseph Anthonysz – CEO, Navitas Careers and Industry Division (DIRECTOR)
- Professor Kerri-Lee Krause – Provost and Vice Chancellor, Avondale University College (DIRECTOR)
- Professor Alwyn Louw – Vice Chancellor, Torrens University (DIRECTOR)
- Ms Julie Moss – Managing Director, Photography Studies College (DIRECTOR)
- Ms Eve Ollerenshaw – Pro Vice Chancellor, RedHill Education (DIRECTOR)
- Dr David Perry – Vice President Academic, Alphacrucis College (DIRECTOR)
- Mr Ken Richardson – Executive Director (Strategy, Systems and People), Bond University (DIRECTOR)
- Mr Shannon Sweeney – Managing Director, Macleay College (DIRECTOR)
- Ms Ann Whitelock – Chair, Aspiring Education Foundation and Professional Scholarships Program, International College of Management, Sydney (DIRECTOR)
IHEA CEO, Simon Finn is available for interview on request.
Media Contact: Sian Kilgour, IHEA Communications Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org/0402068398)
Our IHEP News keeps you up to date with the latest higher education information, policies, comments and IHEA submissions.